Art Retreat: Intuitive Vision in Painting
October 5 – 9, 2017 at Mountain Home Ranch, Calistoga, Sonoma County, California
Express and develop your artistic intuition in beautiful nature. Take a break from everyday demands and restore your spirit with making art in a natural setting.
Enjoy swimming, hiking, dining, and dreaming in a beautiful, heritage Sonoma County retreat in the heart of wine country. Mountain Home Ranch in Calistoga is an extraordinary retreat center. Its 340 pristine acres are a treasure. Every day you can walk, swim, or meditate in old-growth forest, surrounded by both domestic animals and wildlife.
We’ll paint in the day in a lovely art studio or outside on the land, and each evening have an optional circle by the fire to share our art processes.
I’ll help you make the painting experience I have always liked best: creation of beautiful pieces using intuition, visioning, and personal images, paintings with deep meaning and energy for yourself and your viewers.
Experienced artists to total beginners are welcome.
Every day, we’ll do both painting and visioning, with ample free time to let your painting ideas grow naturally.
Towards the end of the retreat, you’ll have a private critique session with Suzanne to address your questions and refine your skills.
We have the use of a beautiful art studio, and you can paint inside and outside.
Create finished, expert work, with the energy of a empathetic group contributing to personal art process.
You can bring your own art and favorite materials to start or finish. We will provide some materials for intuitve techniques and experiments.
The Retreat begins Thursday afternoon after check in and ends Monday afternoon.
Each day includes a morning warm up and painting. In the afternoon you can paint, rest, walk and dream as you choose. Every evening we’ll have an optional circle by the fire or in a warm pool. The studio is open 24 hours for your use.
To see my paintings, get more information, meet me, or just hang out, please feel free to visit my Santa Rosa studio.
The cost for the workshop and teaching is $345. Lodging and food are separate, and you book them directly with Mountain Home Ranch.
Why should I book before June 15?
If you book before June 15:
- You will receive a free copy of Salt Licks and Bad Birds, Suzanne’s limited-edition book of paintings and reflections.
- You can take a look at the book here. Press “Preview” to read a few pages. The book is a $30.00 value. Your book will be given to you upon arrival.
- You will have a larger selections of rooms and cabins if you book early. If you and a friend come, you can book a beautiful place together.
- You do not have to pay for your lodging until the retreat.
- You can hold your place in the workshop as it fills. Our workshop limit is fifteen.
- Your early participation will ensure that we can do the retreat together next year!
- Only $150.00 will hold your place in the retreat. The balance of the workshop fee and your lodging fee will be paid later.
Can I bring a friend or partner who is not in the workshop to enjoy the retreat aspect of Mountain Home Ranch?
- Absolutely. We ask that your partner pay a $50.00 fee to be included as a non-participant in the workshop. You and your friend will both receive the special retreat pricing on the rooms.
I don’t understand how it works with the separate lodging and workshop fees. Why do you do it like this?
- Having separate fees lets us pass on the room savings to you. The rooms are at a special retreat pricing. You can see the retreat pricing here. It’s substantially lower than the regular price if you were booking just to stay on your own.
- You have more choices. You can choose meals, fireplaces, kitchens, or the simplest lodgings, like summer camp. It’s up to you.
- Other retreats charge a very high fee and book the rooms for you. You save by booking yourself.
- The low fee of $345.00 for instruction is an introductory price, good only for this year. We hope it helps you to say yes!
I have a very important question. What about the dining and food?
- You can book your meal plans directly with Mountain Home Ranch. Food is reasonably priced for three beautifully crafted meals a day. You can also choose to have fewer than three meals, or to book a room with a kitchen.
- The dining room is beautiful and the food, both vegetarian and non-veg, is delicious!
I live in the area. Can I register for the workshop only and day use?
- There are only a few spots available. Please contact Suzanne at firstname.lastname@example.org to check on availability.
To ensure personal attention, the workshop size is limited. Please book early to hold your spot. We ask you to send a $150 non-refundable deposit via Paypal or check to email@example.com , and to fill out and mail or email this registration/information form to Kory Steelman, artist and workshop facilitator. All information is confidential.
Workshop Registration Form for Art Retreat: Intuitive Vision in Painting
October 5 – 9, 2017 at Mountain Home Ranch, Calistoga, Sonoma County, California
Cost of registration for workshop only, not including lodging or meals, is $345. Please hold your place by submitting a non-refundable deposit of $150 via check or Paypal. The workshop begins after dinner October 4th, and ends at noon on October 9.
Initial Deposit paid by check/Paypal (circle one) $150 Balance Due $195
Have you made your reservation at Mountain Home Ranch yet?
Mountain Home Ranch Resort
3400 Mountain Home Ranch Road, Calistoga, CA 94515
Website: www.mountainhomeranch.com email firstname.lastname@example.org
What cabin/room are you staying in?________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Would you say you are a beginning, intermediate, or advanced painter? What media? What would you like to get out of this workshop? ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Payment via Paypal: Login and send payment to email@example.com. Please send an email with your registration form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Payment via personal check: Please print and fill out the registration form and send it with a check made out to Suzanne Edminster to Kory Steelman, Art Retreat, P.O. Box 350, Graton, CA, 95444.
You book and pay for your desired lodging, and three meals a day, if you wish, directly with Mountain Home Ranch. Idyllic cabins, with and without bath/kitchen, start at $35 per night shared. You can skip cooking and have three meals a day in the beautiful dining room for an additional fee (recommended).
There’s an art studio for us to work in, plenty of places to paint outside, wonderful animal energy with horses, donkeys, goats, chickens, cats, and dogs to enjoy and draw, a library, a bar/meeting room, and the ambiance of over a hundred years of family ranch deep in Sonoma County. You can choose your own level of simplicity… or luxury. Please scroll to the bottom for how to book your room.
How to Book Your Room and Meals
Please contact Mountain Home Ranch to book. You can choose lodge rooms with private bath, simple cabins with toilet inside and separate shower house, or more luxurious cabins with full bath, fireplaces and kitchens. Prices start low, under $50 a night shared with separate bath, or higher for more luxury. You can get a single room or share a cabin: your choice. All the rooms and cabins are individualized and charming. Ask them about the cost for meals. They’ll send you a description and price list. For help and advice, contact Kory at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please see the registration form above.